AirDrop lets you quickly share and receive photos, videos, & more from other hãng apple devices nearby. Before you use AirDrop, turn on sharing permissions in Finder on Mac & in Settings on iPhone or iPad. Apple devices need to be in range of each other — about 30 feet — for AirDrop to lớn work.
Today it"s easier than ever to tóm tắt files and photos across devices. With táo bị cắn dở devices, you can use AirDrop lớn send files – even ones too big for thư điện tử – between an iPhone, Mac, or ipad tablet with just a tap, as long as they are in range.
Bạn đang xem: Mở airdrop
What"s in range? AirDrop uses a combination of both bluetooth không dây and Wi-Fi to transmit files, so your iPhone, iPad, or Mac have khổng lồ be within about 30 feet of each other.
Here"s everything you need to know about AirDrop and how khổng lồ use it.
How to lớn turn on AirDrop
To successfully AirDrop, you"ll need lớn turn on AirDrop on the devices you wish to lớn transfer files between — you only need to bởi that once per device— and then you can send files between them.
1. mở cửa Finder và at the top-left of the side-panel, click AirDrop.
Click AirDrop on the left side. Grace Eliza Goodwin/Insider
2. If your Mac"s bluetooth or Wi-Fi is turned off, you will be asked to turn them on.
3. In the AirDrop window, choose who can AirDrop to lớn you. Click Allow me to be discovered by and choose either Contacts Only or Everyone.
On the AirDrop page, click Allow me to be discovered by, then select Everyone or Contacts Only. Grace Eliza Goodwin/Insider
Quick tip: With Finder open, you can also click Go in the menu Bar at the very đứng top of your screen, then click AirDrop in the drop-down menu.
Tap AirDrop. Grace Eliza Goodwin/Insider
4. Choose who you want to lớn be discoverable to lớn by selecting Contacts Only, or Everyone.
to lớn turn on AirDrop, choose Contacts Only or Everyone. Grace Eliza Goodwin/Insider
Quick tip: Limiting AirDrop only lớn your contacts is more secure, but choosing "everyone" is more convenient if you receive files from a lot of different people. If you choose "everyone," be aware that if you"re working in a public place, anyone in your vicinity will be able lớn send you files, so be careful who you accept AirDrop files from.
How to use AirDrop
Once AirDrop is turned on for your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, you can then go ahead and AirDrop the file.
AirDrop from iPhone or iPad
1. On your iPhone, xuất hiện the tiện ích that you want to lớn AirDrop from. To lớn send a photo, for example, mở cửa Photos.
2. Select the tệp tin or photo you want to send (you can select more than one at a time).
3. Tap the Share button, which looks like a box with an arrow pointing out of it, và then tap the AirDrop icon, which should appear first in the các mục of app icons.
Tap the nội dung button & then the AirDrop icon. Grace Eliza Goodwin/Insider
4. On the AirDrop screen, you should see icons for all of the AirDrop-compatible devices in range (it might take a moment for them khổng lồ appear). Tap the icon for the Mac you want to lớn send the file to. The icon will say "Sent" when it"s done sending the files.
Select the Mac you want to send the tệp tin to – all available devices will appear on this page. Grace Eliza Goodwin/Insider
Receive AirDrop on Mac
Depending on where you shared it, you may see a notification appear on your desktop or device"s screen. Choose Accept or, if it"s a photo, you can also choose Open in Photos. If you choose Accept, the tệp tin will appear in your Downloads folder; choosing Open in Photos, will mở cửa the file in the Photos app.
AirDrop from a Mac lớn an iPhone
1. Right click the document that you wish lớn share. In the menu that appears, hover over Share & click on AirDrop.
Right click on the document. Kyle Wilson
Xem thêm: Thế Nào Là Phản Ứng Tự Oxi Hóa Khử Là Gì, Tổng Hợp Cân Bằng Phản Ứng Oxi Hóa Khử Khó
Click on the recipient from the danh sách to send the file and click Done.
Like any technology, sometimes AirDrop won"t work. If you"re having trouble with AirDrop, there are a few common things lớn check:Is your Mac AirDrop-compatible? It needs khổng lồ be running Mac OS X Yosemite or later.Make sure that Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are enabled on both your Mac & your iPhone.It"s possible the devices are too far apart, especially if you can"t see the Mac on the iPhone"s AirDrop list. Bring the two devices closer together.Make sure that the iPhone isn"t connecting lớn the mạng internet via a personal hotspot. Open Settings và make sure Personal Hotspot is turned off.
Dave Johnson is a giải pháp công nghệ journalist who writes about consumer tech and how the industry is transforming the speculative world of science fiction into modern-day real life. Dave grew up in New Jersey before entering the Air Force lớn operate satellites, teach space operations, and do space launch planning. He then spent eight years as a nội dung lead on the Windows team at Microsoft. As a photographer, Dave has photographed wolves in their natural environment; he"s also a scuba instructor and co-host of several podcasts. Dave is the author of more than two dozen books & has contributed khổng lồ many sites & publications including CNET, Forbes, PC World, How khổng lồ Geek, & Insider.
Kyle Wilson is an editor for the Reference team, based in British Columbia, Canada. Outside of Insider, his work has also appeared in publications like The Verge, VICE, Kotaku, và more. He periodically guest co-hosts the Saturday tech show "Tech Talk" on the iHeartRadio station C-FAX 1070. Feel không tính tiền to reach out to him on Twitter, where he can be found most of the time,